Diopside Lovers is in the Rio Gems network of Gem Lovers websites. It is owned and operated by Adam Altman. Adam is a Registered Gemologist by the International School of Gemology, and a member of the following organizations:
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Adam. We think it is important that you read this page before purchasing from us (or the about page of any website before you purchase from them). At the bottom of the page, we’ll have a link to some frequently asked questions for further reading as well.
Here is a brief background on why I started selling Chrome Diopside:
- Five years ago I saw my first chrome diopside gemstone. I could not believe how beautiful it was: green, clean, and sparkling. Also, it is untreated (whereas emeralds are generally oiled to hide the cracks and fissures, and so many other gems are treated, it was nice to find something that is naturally beautiful). After seeing it, I knew this was a gemstone I had to own.
- This gem is rare—but—there are a few big mines in Siberia, Russia. Wow, it is freezing cold there. They are only mining it a few months out of the year because of that. But, these finds are fairly new (less than 10 years old), and introduced a large supply into the economy.
- Maybe I went crazy, maybe I was just struck by the beauty of the gem, but I had to partner with one of the mines, and agree to purchase a large percentage of their gems. As such, I imagine this makes me the largest holder of chrome diopside gems in the United States (if not the largest, one of the largest).
- We are based in Beverly Hills, California. We have other small offices throughout the world (Brazil, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand).
- My father started in the gemstone and jewelry business over 35 years ago. He built a big business selling to major manufacturers and wholesalers. For the past 5 years, we’ve been selling gemstones online direct to consumers as well.
- Diopside Lovers is a new online shop (launched in December 2007) but we have been selling online through other micro-niche websites since 2003. We will continue to photograph and add more diopside gemstones.
- Your main point of contact will be me – Adam – the owner of this fabulous website and chrome diopside. Contact me with any questions you have.
If you have any questions, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Chrome Diopside Lover